Year 1 place value resources
This lesson practises counting forwards up to 10.
Aligned with the maths mastery approach, this Year 1 | Counting Forwards Lesson Presentation is fully editable, and is designed for the Year 1 maths curriculum covering the following maths objectives for the autumn term:
- Topic: Place Value
- Small Steps: Count, read and write forwards from any number 0 to 10.
- NC Links: Count to ten forwards, beginning with 0, or 1, or any given number.. Count, read and write numbers to 10 in numerals and words. Identify and represent numbers using objects and pictorial representations including the number line.
- TAF Statements: Working Towards – Read and write numbers in numerals (to 10).
- Greater Depth – Use reasoning about numbers and relationships to solve more complex problems and explain their thinking.
- Ready-to-progress criteria: Previous experience: Begin to develop a sense of the number system by verbally counting forwards to 10.
- 1NPV-1 Begin to develop a sense of the number system by verbally counting forwards to and beyond 20, pausing at each multiple of ten
There are teacher prompts and notes included in the “note” section of each slide. This PowerPoint has been narrated but you can always turn off the narration if you prefer.
Aligned with the order of teaching of the maths mastery approach, use this to help your children get to grips with each mathematical concept. This lesson presentation also includes varied fluency activities, problem solving, and mathematical discussion questions too.
Links to relevant TAF statements and ‘Ready-to-Progess’ criteria also included.
Explore our other year 1 place value resources.