Help children understand the sinking of the Titanic, and the way that the passengers tried to stay afloat after it sank with our The Titanic Floating and Sinking Investigation. Follow the investigation and use the table to play and carry out a fair test to help children understand which objects float, and which objects sink.
Covers the following science KS1 National Curriculum objectives:-
- Perform a simple test.
- Use observations and ideas to answer questions.
- Gather and record data/results to answer questions.
- Distinguish between an object and the material from which it is made.
- Compare and group materials.
- Identify and compare suitability of materials for particular uses.
This science investigation is perfect for KS1 children, but can also be used with younger and older children with some simple adaptation. Works well as a home learning activity, for home educators, or as part of your Titanic topic in school!
Explore the rest of our The Titanic primary classroom resources.