Help children with their understanding of place value with this Tens and Ones up to 50 Loop Game. Great for provision or as a plenary at the end of your maths lessons. Part of our Shelley’s Showstoppers range!
How to play
– Children to be given out the cards (one each or more depending on how many children are playing)
– Start with any card
– The first child will only read the right hand side of the card.
– The rest of the children need to listen to what is being asked.
– The children will be listening for the left side of their card – for example Who has 3 tens and 6 ones?
– The child with 36 would shout out ‘I have 36’ ‘Who has 2 tens and 3 ones’ etc.
– The game continues until every card is turned over and the child who started is the final person who will say ‘I have _____’.