Use these Phase 3-5 Snakes and Ladders Games as a great way to help children practise the phonemes learned in phases 3-5. Brilliant for morning work, for home learning and to have out in your provision area.
What you will need:
– Snakes and Ladders game.
– One counter per child.
– Phoneme frames/whiteboard + pens.
How to use:
– Print out the snakes and ladders game for the phase you are currently working on or want to consolidate.
– Children will roll a die(dice) and then move their counter that many spaces.
– If they land at the bottom of the ladder, they can travel up.
– If they land on a snake’s head, they must slither down.
– Whatever phoneme/grapheme they land on, they use their phoneme frame to write a word that contains that sound.