Year 1 place value resources
These differentiated worksheets help children practise counting forwards up to 10.
Aligned with the maths mastery approach, these Year 1 | Counting Forwards Differentiated Worksheets are designed for the Year 1 maths curriculum covering the following maths objectives for the autumn term:
- Topic: Place Value
- Small Steps: Count, read and write forwards from any number 0 to 10.
- NC Links: Count to ten forwards, beginning with 0, or 1, or any given number.. Count, read and write numbers to 10 in numerals and words. Identify and represent numbers using objects and pictorial representations including the number line.
- TAF Statements: Working Towards – Read and write numbers in numerals (to 10).
- Greater Depth – Use reasoning about numbers and relationships to solve more complex problems and explain their thinking.
- Ready-to-progress criteria: Previous experience: Begin to develop a sense of the number system by verbally counting forwards to 10.
- 1NPV-1 Begin to develop a sense of the number system by verbally counting forwards to and beyond 20, pausing at each multiple of ten
Aligned with the order of teaching of the maths mastery approach, use these worksheets to help pupils get to grips with each mathematical concept.
Links to relevant TAF statements and ‘Ready-to-Progess’ criteria also included.
Explore our other year 1 place value resources.