We are SUPER excited here at Mrs Mactivity to bring you news of our BRAND NEW Maths Scheme of Work – as an alternative to the white rose schemes of work. When it comes to primary resources for maths, it can be difficult to find something that is right for you, your school and your class. With this in mind, we’ve come up with something FRESH and NEW, that can be used by both new and experienced teachers.
What’s different about this Scheme of work for maths?
Here at Mrs Mactivity, we’ve got a thing about hands-on, active learning, with elements of the the play-based approach thrown in, focusing specifically on maths mastery. There is absolutely a place for worksheets and that type of learning in maths, and in fact we produce lots of maths worksheets for all age groups. But our passion lies in creating something that’s a bit different, whilst tying in perfectly to the maths national curriculum. We’ve created a series of PowerPoints with accompanying teacher notes and instructions, that can be used every single teaching day of the year. Each PowerPoint contains:-
- learning objectives
- national curriculum links and objectives
- introductions to each area of learning
- consolidation of previous learning
- activities that can be done in pairs or groups, as well as independently
- interactive activities, e.g. moving objects around on the screen
- timers and other fun interactive elements
- links to and ideas for continuous provision
- teacher led and independent tasks
- fluency activities
- a focus on real life maths – life skills for kids!
The scheme of work for maths also has lots of supporting maths resources that are referenced on the PowerPoints and can be printed directly from the Mrs Mactivity website.
So far we’ve been working on the year 1 maths lessons with year 2 to follow VERY soon.