Who doesn’t like Easter chicks? They’re cute, yellow and mean that warmer weather is on the way – yay! Today we’re going to show you how to make a really cute and very very easy Easter Chick Plate Craft, this is a really good one for preschoolers as it involves scrunching up crepe paper, which younger ones love! (don’t forget we’ve got loads of ready made Easter resources as well!)
Here’s what you need:-
- crepe paper of various colours
- a white paper plate
- yellow card
- 2 googly eyes
- something for the nose – we used an orange pipe cleaner, but you could use orange card
- a feather
Here’s what you do:-
- cut a paper plate in half.
- scrunch up small pieces of crepe paper and anything else you’ve got lying around, e.g. craft jewels, and stick onto the half plate.
- cut out a circle from yellow card – this will be your chick shape. Stick it behind your plate.
- stick the google eyes onto the chick and glue the feather behind the chicks head.
- fashion the orange pipe cleaner into a beak and stick onto the chick’s face.
- you’re done!