Small Steps: Counting objects from 10 game
Aligned with the maths mastery approach, our Year 1 | Counting From 10 Washing Line Game is designed to go alongside our year 1 maths mastery lesson presentations, where the learning has been modelled. This activity is designed to cover the following objectives:
- Topic: place value>counting objects.
- Small Steps: count objects
- National Curriculum: Count to ten. Count, read and write numbers to 10 in numerals. Identify and represent numbers using objects.
Use as part of your continuous provision setup, as an enhanced provision activity in a tuff tray! This is a great way to encourage children to count numbers already in a group of 10.
How to use
- Cut up the number cards and socks. You could either choose to use our prepared washing line (included in this resource) or use some twine and pegs in your classroom. If our socks are a little small, simply print them at a higher percentage – or just use real socks!
- Taking it in turns, choose a number card and add that number of socks to the washing line.
- Continue until the washing line is full!
Explore our counting objects resources.