White Rose year 1 place value resources
These differentiated worksheets help children practise counting forwards up to 10.
Aligned with the White Rose Maths scheme of work, this Year 1 | Counting Forwards Enhanced Provision | Practical Activity is designed for the Year 1 maths curriculum covering the following maths objectives for the autumn term:
- Topic: Place Value
- White Rose Maths Small Steps: Count, read and write forwards from any number 0 to 10.
- NC Links: Count to ten forwards, beginning with 0, or 1, or any given number.. Count, read and write numbers to 10 in numerals and words. Identify and represent numbers using objects and pictorial representations including the number line.
- TAF Statements: Working Towards – Read and write numbers in numerals (to 10).
- Greater Depth – Use reasoning about numbers and relationships to solve more complex problems and explain their thinking.
- Ready-to-progress criteria: Previous experience: Begin to develop a sense of the number system by verbally counting forwards to 10.
- 1NPV-1 Begin to develop a sense of the number system by verbally counting forwards to and beyond 20, pausing at each multiple of ten
– Cut out the number cards and number strips and place on a tuff tray or desk area as part of your continuous provision set-up.
– Encourage children to put the number card in the correct missing place to complete the number line.
– Prompt examples: “Can you explain why you’ve put the number there”, “do you think I should put the number in this place, why, why not?”
Explore our other year 1 place value resources.