White Rose year 1 place value resources
These differentiated worksheets help children practise counting backwards from 10.
Aligned with the White Rose Maths scheme of work, these Year 1 | Counting Backwards Differentiated Worksheets are designed for the Year 1 maths curriculum covering the following maths objectives for the autumn term:
- Topic: Place Value
- White Rose Maths Small Steps: Count, read and write backwards from any number 0-10.
- NC Links:Count backwards beginning with 10, or any given number. Count, read and write numbers to 10 in numerals and words. Identify and represent numbers using objects and pictorial representations including the number line..
- TAF Statements: Working Towards – Read and write numbers in numerals (to 10).
- Greater Depth – Use reasoning about numbers and relationships to solve more complex problems and explain their thinking.
- Ready-to-progress criteria: Previous experience: Begin to develop a sense of the number system by verbally counting forwards to 10.
- 1NPV-1 Count within 100 forwards and backwards starting with any number.
These worksheets have been differentiated according to ability, though children could just work through them in order to see what they can get through too. Also works really well as a home learning/homework sorting activity.
Explore our other year 1 place value resources.