This Two Digit Number Place Value Activity Mat is a great way of helping children to understand place value in a 2-digit number, and works well as morning work, for home learning and for fast finishers, as well as out in your provision area.
How to use guide
Give children a two digit number and then ask them to represent this in different ways. This includes:
– Using base ten equipment – tens and ones.
– Colouring in a tens frame.
– Using counters or objects or part whole model.
– Using a pictorial representation.
National curriculum links
– Recognise the place value of each digit in a two-digit number (tens, ones).
– Identify, represent and estimate numbers using different representations.
Explore the rest of our Shelley’s Showstoppers resource range.