Improve your KS1 continuous provision set-up with our Space Enhanced Provision (Tuff Tray) English Planning – Katie’s Classroom Range. We’ve got together with the wonderful Katie’s Classroom to produce a gorgeous range of resources to bring you classroom bliss! Delve into continuous provision and improve your practice with our relaxing and invigorating resource range to rejuvenate and bring freshness to your learning environment and bring joy to play-based learning.
Katie has used her experience as a KS1 teacher to create an English tuff tray plan that enables children to meet the KS1 English objectives through a play-based approach. Each plan contains:
- key prompts and questions
- key vocabulary
- supply list
- example photo
- quick setup instructions
- KS1 English outcomes
Theseenhanced provision plans use a space them s a hook to encourage children to engage with learning focusing on the following KS1 English outcomes:
– Saying out loud what they are going to write about.
– Composing a sentence orally before writing it
– Discuss what they have written with the teacher or other pupils.
– Listen and respond appropriately to adults and peers.
– Ask relevant questions to extend their understanding and knowledge.
– Articulate and justify answers.
– Listening to and discussing a wide range of poems, stories and non-fiction at a level beyond that at which they can read independently.
– Being encouraged to link what they read or hear to their own experiences.
– Becoming very familiar with key stories, fairy stories and traditional tales, retelling them and considering their particular characteristics.
– Recognising and joining in with predictable phrases.
– Learning to appreciate rhymes and poems, and to recite some by heart.
– Discussing word meanings, linking new meanings to those already known.
– Participate in discussions about what is read to them, tasking turns and listening to what others say.
– Explain clearly their understanding of what is read to them.
Explore the rest of Katie’s Classroom Range here.
Explore our continuous provision resources.