KS1 Science tuff tray plans
Improve your KS1 continuous provision set-up with our Rockpool Enhanced Provision (Tuff Tray) Planning – Katie’s Classroom Range. We’ve got together with the wonderful Katie’s Classroom to produce a gorgeous range of resources to bring you classroom bliss! Delve into continuous provision and improve your practice with our relaxing and invigorating resource range to rejuvenate and bring freshness to your learning environment and bring joy to play-based learning.
Katie has used her experience as a KS1 teacher to create a Science and Geography tuff tray plan that enables children to meet the KS1 English objectives through a play-based approach. Each plan contains:
- key prompts and questions
- key vocabulary
- supply list
- example photo
- quick setup instructions
- KS1 English outcomes
This enhanced provision plan uses rock pools and children’s natural interest in nature as a hook to encourage children to engage with learning focusing on the following KS1 outcomes:
– Asking simple questions and recognising that they can be answered in different ways.
– Observing closely, using simple equipment.
– Identifying and classifying.
– Using their observations and ideas to suggest answers to questions.
– Gathering and recording data to help in answering questions.
– Identify and name a variety of common wild and garden plants, including deciduous and evergreen trees.
Animals, including humans
– Identify and name a variety of common animals, including fish, amphibians, reptiles, birds and mammals.
– Identify and name a variety of common animals that are carnivores, herbivores and omnivores.
– Describe and compare the structure of common animals (fish, amphibians, reptiles, birds and mammals, including pets.)
– Key physical features, including: beach, cliff, coast, forest, hill, mountain, sea, ocean, river, soil, valley, vegetation, season and weather.
– Key human features, including: city, town, village, factory, farm, house, office, port, harbour and shop.
– Use world maps, atlases and globes to identify the United Kingdom and its countries, as well as the countries, continents and oceans studies at this key stage.
Explore the rest of Katie’s Classroom Range here.
Explore our continuous provision resources.