Another brilliant game from Phonics Family! This Race to the Rocket Phonics Screening Check Activity – Phonics Family Range is ideal for helping children get ready for the phonics screening check, or just for practising blending skills in an interesting way. Ideal for provision areas and home learning too.
We’ve been working with the lovely Katie from Phonics Family to develop a whole new range of phonics resources that add a multi-sensory, activity-based element to phonics learning. Perfect for phonics intervention groups, during phonics sessions and for home learning, children will love these phase 3 phonics activities!
Suitable for ages 4-6.
How to use
– Print out the spinner, cut it out then push a pencil through the middle.
– Spin the spinner. If it lands on the astronaut then read the real word on the astronaut’s track.
– If it lands on the alien then read the non-word.
– Cross the word off the track after you have read it.
– Continue until all the words are crossed off one of the tracks. Who will reach the rocket first?