Use this Number of the Day Activity Mat to help children with their number fluency and familiarity skills. Perfect as a morning activity or out in your provision area.
How to prepare:
• Children to be given a number of the day from their teacher or choose a number from 0-20 (or larger depending on ability).
• The children will then use the vertical number line to support them in the questions being asked of them in each box.
National curriculum links
– Count, read and write numbers to 100 in numerals.
– Given a number, identify one more and one less.
– Identify and represent numbers using objects and pictorial representations.
– Read and write numbers from 1 to 20 in numerals and words.
– Read, write and interpret mathematical statements involving addition (+), subtraction (–) and equals (=) signs.
– Add and subtract one-digit and two-digit numbers to 20, including zero
Explore the rest of our Shelley’s Showstoppers resource range.