Piggy bank learning resources
A brilliant money activity for children in EYFS and KS1. Use as part of your continuous provision or enhanced provision set-up. Challenge children to add the correct number of money to the piggy bank as a fun and engaging maths game. This game really helps children to recognise different coins, and find different combinations of coins to make different amounts. The challenge cards are fully editable so you can tailor to the ability of your class.
How to use:
– Make two piggy banks
– Cut out the included coins, or use your own coins
– In pairs, challenge children to pick up a challenge card and put the correct amount of money in the piggy bank. Their partner must check the amount.
– Switch turns and the other child puts the correct amount in their piggy bank.
– Continue until the piggy banks are full. Whoever has the most amount of money in their piggy bank is the winner!
Designed to be aligned with the following objectives from the KS1 maths national curriculum:
- recognise and use symbols for pounds (£) and pence (p); combine amounts to make a particular value
- find different combinations of coins that equal the same amounts of money
Explore the rest of our maths primary resources here.
Explore the rest of our money primary resources.